Stephen Hidgon handles complex business disputes and personal injury litigation. He has spent hundreds of hours in the courtroom participating in a wide range of litigation matters, as well as criminal and administrative proceedings. His cases involve individuals, small businesses, and large corporations, handling matters for plaintiffs and defendants.
Stephen obtained his law degree from Texas Tech University School of Law, where he graduated with highest honors. While in law school, Stephen served on the Executive Board of the Law Review and travelled the country participating in several trial and appellate advocacy competitions.
After law school, Stephen clerked for the Honorable Michael H. Schneider in the Eastern District of Texas. During his clerkship, Stephen was responsible for hundreds of complex civil and criminal cases and participated in trials covering areas from civil rights to patents.
Prior to joining Deans & Lyons, Stephen was an associate at one of the Southwest’s largest full-service law firms.
Areas of Practice
- Business Litigation
- Product Liability
- Personal Injury
- Professional Liability
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Oil & Gas
- Texas, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
Texas Tech University School of Law
- J.D. summa cum laude – 2013
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Honors: ALI-ABA Scholarship & Leadership Award
- Honors: Donald M. Hunt Outstanding Barrister Award
- B.A. – 2009
- Major: Political Science
- Honors: Hatton W. Sumners Scholar
- Comment, If It Wasn’t on Purpose, Can a Court Take It Personally?: Untangling Asahi’s Mess That J’McIntyre Did Not, 45 TEX. TECH L. REV. 463 (2013).
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers Under 40 in Dallas, D Magazine (2020)
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Texas (2019)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Association of Former Law Clerks of the Eastern District of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association