Gregory L. Deans
Founding PartnerDownload vCard
Greg brings his clients over two decades of experience as a tenacious, creative trial attorney. His reputation and successes have earned the respect of his peers, as he has been recognized by Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers® (2013-2018) throughout the years for his professional achievements.
Greg has tried cases for plaintiffs and defendants in courtrooms and arbitrations both in and out of Texas. For over a decade, he has served as “national counsel” for a large corporation, overseeing its complex litigation docket across the entire United States. He has recovered substantial amounts for plaintiffs and, when wearing the other shoe, has obtained defense verdicts when his clients faced the possibility of multi-million dollar judgments.
Greg is routinely called upon to handle “bet the company cases” involving complex issues, largely due to his innate ability to pare down the complicated so a judge or jury can understand his clients’ story. As a trial lawyer, he tackles cases of all kinds, but usually handles cases involving complex business disputes, construction defects, catastrophic personal injury, negligence and product liability.
A Dallas native and proud Aggie, Greg earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Houston and spent nearly the first half of his career in Houston before he found his way back home. Prior to founding the Firm with Michael Lyons in 2008, Greg was a partner in a large Texas-based litigation firm.
Areas of Practice
- Texas, 1992
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
University of Houston Law Center
- J.D. - 1992
Texas A & M University
- B.S. - 1989
- Honors: Psi Chi Honors Society
- Major: Psychology
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine (2019)Texas Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters (2013-2018)
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Texas (2006-2007)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
Representative Clients and Cases
- Represented large product manufacturer nationally in wrongful death cases, receiving multiple defense verdicts in multiple jurisdictions.
- Lead counsel in mass tort cases filed in multiple jurisdictions, including Texas, Illinois, Missouri, California, Louisiana, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Delaware and Pennsylvania.
- Represented Fortune 100 oil services company in trespass claim involving hydraulic fracking, resulting in dismissal with no payment.
- Represented foreign manufacturer of mass transit buses, successfully defeating repetitive trauma claims based upon defective design.
- Represented Business owner in complex construction dispute, recovering a significant settlement.
- Represented Custom Home Builder in construction defect claim by home owner, enforcing arbitration clause by mandamus and compelling favorable settlement.
- Represented home owner in construction defect claim against builder, resulting in substantial settlement.
- Represented various business entities involving disputes between doctors, physician owned distributorships and hospitals, management companies and health care groups.
- Represented multiple fortune 500 companies in their trucking litigation.