Gregory L. Deans
Greg brings his clients over two decades of experience as a tenacious, creative trial attorney. His reputation and successes have earned the respect of his peers, as he has been recognized by Super Lawyers® throughout the years for his professional achievements.
Greg has tried cases for plaintiffs and defendants in courtrooms both in and out of Texas. For over a decade, he has served as “national counsel” for a large corporation, overseeing its complex litigation docket across the entire United States. He has recovered millions of dollars for plaintiffs and, when wearing the other shoe, has obtained defense verdicts when his clients faced the possibility of multi-million dollar judgments.
Greg is routinely called upon to handle “bet the company cases” involving complex issues, largely due to his innate ability to pare down the complicated so a judge or jury can understand his clients’ story. As a trial lawyer, he tackles cases of all kinds, but usually handles complex business disputes, oil & gas matters, and catastrophic personal injury matters involving mass torts and product liability issues.
A Dallas native and proud Aggie, Greg earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Houston and spent nearly the first half of his career in Houston before he found his way back home. Prior to founding the Firm with Michael Lyons in 2008, Greg was a partner in a large Texas-based litigation firm.
Areas of Practice
- Products Liability Litigation
- Mass Tort
- Catastrophic Injury/Death Cases
- Oil & Gas Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 1992
- Texas A & M University
- B.S. - 1989
- Honors: Psi Chi Honors Society
- Major: Psychology
Honors and Awards
- Named "Rising Star" by Law & Politics Appearing in Texas Monthly magazine, 2006
- Named "Rising Star" by Law & Politics Appearing in Texas Monthly magazine, 2007
- Selected To Super Lawyers: 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member